Mobile Notifier Beta 5 Has Been Released!
The best notification system replacement out there for iOS by far is Mobile Notifier. Brilliantly crafted by Peter Hajas, Kyle Adams, and Time Novinger with some external help from Marc Easen with many more features than the normal notification system brought to you by Apple as well as a less intrusive way to present you with all of your notifications. One of my most loved feature in this release was the ability to reply to messages from the notification as well as the ability to immediately dismiss it (picture on the left).One of the other noticeable changes includes the new AlertDashboard. The new look really beats the old one because not only is it lighter, but it actually blends in with iOS (and let’s you see whats behind it when you bring up the multitasking bar). You of course need to be jailbroken in order to use this and if you are you can grab this great tweak at the following repo: phajas.xen.prgmr.com/repo . Unfortunately because of his discontinued work on his current projects a public release of Widge may never become available. Though if your still craving the use of widgets on your springboard you can always use PerpageHTML or the interactive version (though you have to pay for it) PerpageHTML+ (You also have the option of using Dreamboard for theming with widgets). Heres the official changelog and statement from Peter Hajas
– MobileReply. Reply to text messages while within other applications! It works like magic!
– Full message text! Read everything in the alert, not just the first few words.
– Redesigned minimalist alert display!
– A brand new AlertDashboard, inspired by our amazing lockscreen view!
– Dismiss alerts right from the popup! Hate going into the dashboard to remove alerts you’ve just archived? Simply hit the “X” in the popup to dismiss them for good!
– Recall the most recent alert easily with an Activator action. Then use MobileReply to reply to it!
– Thanks to work by Marc Easen, MobileNotifier now supports calendar invitation alerts!
– Way way faster.
What’s been fixed?
– Lockscreen no longer displays if you have it set to “off”
– Various small bugfixes.
– Did I mention way way faster?
You’ll need to reconfigure your Activator actions for MobileNotifier.
MobileReply, for you developers, is something you can use in your software too! It’s self-contained. Check out MNSMSSender in the MobileNotifier source.
Grab the release at the repo – phajas.xen.prgmr.com/repo – and enjoy yourself!
The MobileNotifier Team, Kyle Adams, Tim Novinger and myself, along with external help from Marc Easen, have been working on lots of great new features, and we’re truly happy to show them to the world. Along with Kyle, I tested over 100 builds of this release before shipping it.
All of us are also on Twitter! @peterhajas, @kyleadamsdotorg, @timnovinger and @marceasen. Say hi if you’d like!
I really hope you all enjoy this release, I know I’m ecstatic about it!
Like I said in my last post, I’m taking a break, but I’ll be back. I think we’ll see some great things.